BANK RECONCILIATION STATEMENT (BRS)
A. This statement shall be prepared by the Barangay Bookkeeper and shall be accomplished as follows:
1. Date - indicate the date covered by the statement
2. Barangay - name of the barangay
3. Tel. No. - the telephone number of the barangay
4. Bank Name - the bank where the account is maintained
5. Branch - the branch of the bank where the account is maintained
6. City/Municipality - name of the city/municipality where the barangay is located
7. Province - the province where the city/municipality is located
8. Current Account No. - is the depository account number for which the BRS is prepared
9. Particulars - details of reconciling items of the balances of the current account per barangay books and balance per bank statement to arrive at the adjusted balances
10. Book - unadjusted balance of cash per books, amount of reconciling items per books and the adjusted cash balance reconciled with bank
11. Bank - unadjusted balance of cash per bank statement, amount of reconciling items per bank and the adjusted cash balance reconciled with book
12. Explanatory Comment - brief comments on the reconciling items noted
B. The BRS shall be prepared to reconcile the cash balance per books and per bank. It shall be submitted to COA Auditor on or before the 20th of the following month.
C. The BRS shall be prepared based on the paid Disbursement Vouchers and Bank Statement supported by paid/negotiated/returned checks, DMs and CMs.
D. The BRS shall be certified correct by the City/Municipal Accountant.
E. The BRS shall be prepared in three copies to be distributed as follows:
Original - COA Auditor
2nd copy - City/Municipal Accountant file
3rd copy - PB/BT
Back | Annex 12